Director, Customer Success Strategy
Appian is seeking a customer success professional with experience in designing & executing competitive strategy to join the Customer Success team in the role of Director, Customer Success Strategy. In this critical role, you will be responsible for developing & implementing programs to help us achieve our goals & allow our customers to rapidly achieve their desired business outcomes with Appian. This role requires business intuition, strong interpersonal skills, strategy development experience, & an analytical mindset.
What youll do:
- Partner with the CS executive team to identify key initiatives, design solutions & execute programs which deliver sustainable improvements to our customer engagement model.
- Mature & ensure successful execution of our Executive Sponsorship program which aligns our executives with senior customer stakeholders.
- Lead the development of a playbook for expanding our customers vision for Appian allowing us to deliver increasing value to our customers over time.
- Create models which allow us to understand customer needs across various segments & to optimize our engagement across our customer base.
- Develop programs which allow us to scale our success management as our customer base grows.
Youll be successful in this role if you are:
- A confident, hands-on organizational visionary with the ability to do the work as well.
- Comfortable identifying drivers of business performance & value creation & can communicate the connection between technology investments & important business outcomes.
- Can motivate & lead a cross-functional group toward a common objective by earning credibility through your expertise, strong communication & influencing skills.
- A creative problem solver who leverages data to drive to the root cause of business problems.
- Able to convey complex ideas through accessible models & frameworks.
- Able to thrive in project environments that start with uncertain requirements & are able to put definition & structure around problems.
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (statistics, business analytics, information systems, or related degree).
- 10+ years of experience in a strategy role.
- Experience with customer success or professional services in a strategic role.
- Track record of delivering high profile strategic projects across functions & for global teams.
- Outstanding writing, communication & presentation skills.
- Strong organization & project leadership skills, & strong attention to detail.
- Experience with agile project management methods.
- Proven ability to gather support across multiple stakeholders & lead efforts through challenges & obstacles.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative concepts in a clear, precise & actionable manner.
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful & unique applications. The applications created on Appians platform help companies drive digital transformation & competitive differentiation. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value & in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves & their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces 2018 list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.