Were looking for a Controller to join the Finance team at Ritual. This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to an early-stage company. In this role youll have full ownership over our global financial reporting including overseeing the month-end close process & compiling consolidated financial statements. Youll also manage the day-to-day financial operations including ad-hoc reporting requests from leaders, creating & maintaining recurring budget to actual reporting for each department, credit card or vendor reconciliations, final review of expense reports & more.
Youll also support other parts of the Finance team including working with auditors to prepare requested schedules & corresponding analysis, draft financial statements & the related note disclosures, creating schedules to support requests from our professional audit or tax teams for filings, & responding to requests from tax filing authorities globally. Were looking for someone who is supremely organized as well as an excellent communicator who is able to convey complex ideas succinctly.
- Manage both recurring month-end processes as well as day-to-day financial operations
- Ensuring accurate & timely financial reporting on a monthly & quarterly basis
- Research technical accounting issues as needed & establish company-wide accounting policies
- Lead annual audit compliance work
- Support the Tax Manager with tax compliance work
- Manage Rituals relationships with our financial institutions globally
- Assist in creating a rolling weekly cash forecast, control day-to-day cash flow to ensure vendors are paid & all receivables are collected on a timely basis
Develop, document, & implement internal controls. Assist in identifying inefficiencies & revamping processes to eliminate them in addition to providing training & support to finance staff
Contribute meaningfully to unique projects such as working cross-functionally with our Engineering & Product teams to build revenue reporting tools, managing intercompany agreements, expanding internationally, etc.
To succeed, you need
- CPA designation
- Experience in a firm with exposure to IFRS & multi-currency environments
- Demonstrated success revamping processes, with an eye for improving efficiency
- Ability to lead in an ever-changing, hyper-growth work environment - having worked in a tech company is a big plus
- Curiosity & a drive to make things better: if something seems off, you want to figure out whats going on
- Advanced Excel/Sheets skills
- Hands-on work with Netsuite, Expensify, etc. is another big plus
What we offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, Ritual has grown to over 300 employees, serving customers in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K. & Australia & has raised over $100 million in venture funding.