The BuzzFeed Fellowship is a year-long program for the next generation of writers, editors, & content creators eager to master the tools & techniques of social storytelling on BuzzFeed.com. Over the course of the program, you will learn how to create the type of content that readers love to share. You must have a deep understanding & passion for the digital & pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest & greatest in social media, content, & emerging technology/platforms.
We're looking for hungry culture maniacs obsessed with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about. You should also have:
- High emotional intelligence
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- A competitive drive you enjoy winning, really going for it
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture & lifestyle trends in all its forms
- An interest in social platforms & what drives people to share content on the web
- Curiosity & excitement about social platforms (Snapchat, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.)
In addition, you should demonstrate the following:
- 1-3 years of experience with writing content for the web
- Experience with Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to conceive of ideas, jump on social trends, & produce posts for the website
- Ability to handle critical feedback & improve from it
- Eagerness to work in a highly collaborative environment
Fellows will work with & learn from members of the BuzzFeed team. This is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in writing. We look for people who are fascinated by the web, human psychology & pop culture. This is a paid position based in our NY or Los Angeles office.
The deadline to apply for this fellowship is Monday, January 28th. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply (including the link to your 2-3 posts). The intended (and tentative) start date for this Fellowship is Monday, March 4th.
Please submit the following when applying to be an Editorial Fellow:
- Instead of a formal cover letter, please include a few short paragraphs about what topics youd want to write about on BuzzFeed, & what about the site interests you. You can include this in the Cover Letter section.
- Create a BuzzFeed.com/community profile, & create 2-3 posts that reflect your voice & interests. NOTE: Only 1 of the 2-3 posts can be a quiz. When you submit your posts, include This is for the Editorial Fellowship. in the description. Youll be asked to provide the links to your posts when you complete the application. So, please create the posts first.
- Provide links to your public social media accounts.
- Attach a resume.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeedcelebrates inclusion andis committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.