AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA & other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, & the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeathers many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies & thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for a Product Lead to craft the vision & strategy for our award winning iOS & Android AccuWeather app. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a team responsible for an app used by millions of users around the world on a daily basis. There is nothing like the weather that impacts our lives, from what you wear, your commute or keeping yourself safe - the Product Lead has the chance to to be at the center of new product development, understanding & adapting the app to evolving user behavior, & have the chance to foster deeper relationships with our existing audience, as well as develop new audiences.
Reporting to AccuWeathers Director of Product Management, the Product Lead is a key player in delivering the next evolution in AccuWeathers mobile portfolio through the expert management of current feature sets & innovative new experiences. The iOS & Android apps have incredible reach; they are global (over 65 countries), have tens of millions of downloads, & millions of positive reviews. The position is required to balance the needs of our vast audience, from the weather enthusiasts seeking a lean-in experience on a variety of weather & lifestyle topics, to the delivery of localized weather information for the user-on-the-move, with forecasts & conditions around the world. In this role, the successful candidate will be required to consider end-to-end strategies that delve into consumer insights, define opportunities based on competitive positioning & prepare business cases to articulate a vision.
Applicants should have an eye for user experience, a finger on-the-pulse of the latest technologies & a passion for building intuitive experiences that simplify complex datasets. This role is a defining opportunity in your career to shape products & services that have a real impact on lives & property.
If you have a passion for science, technology, & leveraging big data, as well as an outstanding track record, this is the role for you.
- Define, articulate & champion a vision for AccuWeather's mobile apps which supports engagement, revenue growth & audience development outcomes
- Define crystal clear, measurable & realistic KPIs for short & long-term results; be comfortable operating in the data & using data to substantiate arguments or positions
- Define & champion a subscription strategy to diversify the mobile revenue stream
- Clearly articulate the features required to meet your specific product needs, from enhancements to core components such as content experience or advertising through to ideation involving cutting-edge services that leverage AI & connected ecosystems
- Document clear requirements for the many respective teams involved in a product launch (Design, Development, Analytics, etc.)
- Develop clear strategies to improve the engagement of users leading to increased visitation, higher satisfaction & deeper engagement with content offerings
- Manage the development sprints, prioritize product enhancements, while simultaneously crushing technical debt
- Lead ceremonies with stakeholders
- Rigorously develop business cases with quantifiable KPIs & ROI
- Maintain exceptional relationships with key business stakeholders through communication, collaboration & evangelism
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape & technology trends to inform the strategies for the mobile products
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree with 5 years or more experience in product management & strategy, or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Must have experience developing large scale, consumer orientated, app offerings
- Experience managing a digital product such as website, mobile application, or OTT product
- Experience in launching or managing subscription products
- Ability to write detailed JIRA tickets in order to help developers understand the work that is needed
- Experience, as well as understanding of implement & use, with analytical tools such as Omniture or Google Analytics
- Experience working within the Scrum framework & familiarity with cutting edge product management tools
- Understanding of how you are to translate complex datasets into intuitive product experiences
- Experience in developing subscription products
- Ability to interact & communicate effectively with teams of all levels & backgrounds problems.
- Highly creative with ability to work within practical boundaries
- Flexibility & adaptability to rapidly changing environment
- Willing to travel to the offices in State College & New York City about every 1-2 months (when deemed safe after the pandemic)
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.