Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're an experienced software engineer with superb software development skills interested in helping us sort, analyze & deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured social media data. As well as setting technical direction for significant parts of our microservices based architecture, you'll mentor & train other engineers & be thinking about how to make the team more effective every day.
You'll be using Java & Scala, SQL & NoSQL data stores, Kafka & Docker to name a few, all running on AWS. We're always keen to use emerging technologies if they can help us achieve our goals.
In this role, you will use these tools to build the services & underlying infrastructure that allows us to deal with all of that data. You'll need to collaborate closely with other teams in engineering, product & across the organization to develop innovative solutions to new challenges.
In the first month, you'll:
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our tech stack with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 3 months, youll:
- share responsibility for several systems with your team.
- help to plan new features & architecture improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in mentoring & growing the team.
Within 6 months, youll:
- design significant features that impact multiple systems & teams.
- own several microservices & be responsible for their reliability, deployment & scalability.
- be influential in helping plan the next iterations of our architecture as we strive to get more alerts to our clients faster & with near-perfect reliability.
- bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve constantly.
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by support you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own & drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training
- Generous leave & flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.