About Lingo Live
Lingo Lives mission is to empower humans to contribute their unique potential to the workplace. Our vision is to bring the world together through meaningful, human connections.
We connect multilingual employees to a personal language & communication coach to help them contribute as their authentic selves with more confidence at work via task-based learning.
With the skills gained from Lingo Live coaching, team members can contribute as their authentic selves with more confidence. Coupled with company efforts to cultivate an inclusive culture & diverse teams, one-on-one personal coaching enables companies to retain top talent & fuel cutting-edge innovation. Were trusted by global organizations such as Microsoft, Comscore, Quantcast & NBC. Were a distributed workforce with offices in San Francisco, CA & Brooklyn, NY.
We're an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strive to nurture a culture of inclusivity & belonging where everyone can thrive.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking an experienced product leader to drive the evolution of our enterprise coaching product. You are an ideal candidate if you can combine innovative product strategy with data-driven decision making that takes our mission into account empowering humans to contribute their unique potential to the workplace. In 2019, our focus is on English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) professionals who find their authentic voice through our 1:1 language & communication coaching.
- Owning our Product Strategy
Drive product strategy & roadmap for Lingo Lives various divisions by collaborating with key partners (Engineering, Learning, & Success) & gaining insights from a cross-functional team (Marketing & Sales, Operations).
- Leading a Great Team
Build, manage, & mentor a team of product managers & designers who feel empowered to execute on our vision. Support our product managers in leading the product development effort managing sprint planning, review, as well as monitoring milestone & release dates. Work closely with product design to ensure you & your team fully understand user needs & behavior. Use this knowledge to refine the product direction & share insights with the broader organization.
- Driving Cross-Functional Collaboration
Effectively lead & manage change within the organization by building commitment & open communication among all internal stakeholders. Understand complex technical challenges & synthesize conversations for non-technical stakeholders. Proactively communicate to internal & external stakeholders at all levels, including but not limited to:
- Product development status & issue escalation to management & support teams
- Project scope changes, prioritization reasoning, & decisions affecting product delivery
- Market & industry key trends & changes
- Building a Foundation for Excellent Product Management
Build upon our existing processes for product planning, ensuring that our product development efforts are both efficient & effective. Drive future product improvements & decisions by using data backed decision making based on user testing, user feedback, data analysis, & A/B testing. Get into the data & support your team with actionable insights.
Who You Are
- A Product Management Expert
7+ years of product management experience with a solid understanding of how to lead teams with Agile and/or Kanban methodologies & project management tools (e.g. Clubhouse, JIRA)
- Familiar with Early Stage Startups
Experienced with managing product development at a hyper-growth Series A startup, seeing the business through critical inflection points & working with limited resources to quickly iterate & build an innovative product that scales
- Understand B2B buyers
Successful at building for enterprise, bonus for corporate HR / L&D functions. Demonstrated track record of building incremental product lines that generate upsell opportunities aligned with the needs of our users were not currently meeting
- Strategic Thinker
Passionate about understanding market trends & able to distill complex feedback from various stakeholders into a cohesive product strategy that drives revenue for the company & helps us develop & own the category of language & communication coaching for global professionals
- A Collaborative, Forward-Thinking Leader
As an executive & manager, this encompasses a few areas:
- Opinionated about organizational structure (i.e. not just how we structure our Product teams to deliver on our roadmap but also where certain functions like Success, Support, etc. should sit on the org chart) as well as how we need to iterate on our Go-To-Market Strategy based on what we learn
- Expertise in translating business needs into product design & framework, prioritizing projects across multiple divisions, & standing up to push back
- Trusted mentor with enthusiasm for team building & shaping early-career professionals in the product space
- Influencer who can rally the team & ensure everyone takes ownership over developing our Product & moving it in the right direction. This includes holding sales & other revenue-driving functions accountable to driving the development of our product
- Experience managing a P&L of over $1mm