Away is seeking a People Partner (HRBP) Lead to join our People & Culture team. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team to drive a strategic people agenda across multiple business functions in a high-growth organization, & will have a proven track record of success in the areas of employee relations, leadership coaching & development, & organization design. We are looking for someone who has the ability to zoom out & keep strategic focus on scaling for growth & retention, & who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves & get into the details when needed! In this role, you will lead a team of People Partners & work closely with the broader People & Culture team. You will report into the VP of People & Culture & this position will be based in our Soho, NY office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Gain a deep understanding of our business, build relationships, & act as a thought leader on people & organizational strategy across the entire company, including our retail organization
- Lead the People Partner (HRBP) team to accelerate a culture of innovation & development while providing employees & managers the tools they need to be successful
- Coach business leaders on employee relations matters including performance management, feedback & career pathing
- Partner with executive leaders to develop People team initiatives focusing on staffing, retention, engagement, recognition, talent management, & employee well-being
- Partner with Centers of Excellence including Learning & Development, Talent Management, & DEI to execute an aligned strategy, with direct responsibility for the People Partner function
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition & FP&A team on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles & succession planning
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of progressively more HR or relevant experience, preferably in a high-growth retail environment
- Proven ability to drive results via your team
- Ability to make difficult tradeoffs, managing multiple priorities & competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail, advocating for our employees while being business minded
- Skilled in change management, facilitation, & written communications
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.