The Facilities Construction Project Manager is an integral member within the Facilities team. The Facilities CPM will support (and lead certain aspects of) the continuous improvement projects for existing facilities, as well as participate in the development of new physical workspaces; from design development through the creation of RFx, permitting, construction & project closeout for offices/facilities at Away -- to ensure our office space supports employee productivity & fosters community & wellness across our talented & dedicated team. The ideal candidate has experience working with engineers, designers, architects, contractors & other vendors & has participated in the development of workspaces in prior roles. This person is excited to develop scalable processes to support the continued growth of Away in 2019 & beyond. This person will support the creation of the timeline, budget, & successful build out of corporate projects/workspaces in a variety of geographic locations. The role reports to Aways Director of Facilities & is located at our headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
What You'll Do:
- Manage various construction & fabrication projects for HQ expansion & Non-Retail related projects
- Manage project build outs from design development through turnover, closely collaborating with the Director of Facilities, key-stakeholders, architects, landlords & contractors
- Collaborate with internal teams including Legal, Real Estate, Finance, IT, Operations, etc. to ensure spaces are designed to fit each user operational & programming needs, equipping each site with what they need to provide a distinctly Away experience. Liaise with local internal teams to ensure each site developed is successfully designed toward all functions located within
- Review architectural plans, shop drawings, lighting proposals, & other documentation as needed
- Perform due diligence to assist other Away teams, when necessary, on location finding with respect to base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, & engineering requirements in advance of lease finalization & signing
- Align with the Director of Facilities in strengthening design-budget standards across regions & facility-type.
- Prepare bid lists & packages for General Contractors, perform bid analysis & award contracts
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in construction project management, including several years working directly within workspace ideation, construction & build out
- You have experience delivering projects on time & within budget, & youve worked with contractors, vendors & architects to build out office spaces
- Experience with excel & creating & managing budgets & timelines
- Comfortable reviewing architectural plans & designs; experience with 3D design programs a plus!
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Extremely organized & able to manage multiple projects & timelines & many internal stakeholders & external vendors simultaneously
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!