View All Jobs
Do you obsess over small details & enjoy solving puzzles? Do you thrive on building relationships with internal teams to understand the ins & outs of their departments? Are you an unapologetic brand ambassador, talent scout, & investigator? Fantastic, you might just be the Recruiting Coordinator were looking for!
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once & we all think moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. Were a well funded & growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, & were growing quickly.
We have big plans for the rest of 2021, & were building our internal Recruiting team to help. This role will assist in hiring for teams across all of our technical & business functions. From Recruiting Coordination, Employer Brand Management, & Candidate Screening, to Onboarding, Employee Engagement & Experience, youll be exposed to a wide range of projects, allowing you to grow in areas where you find your strengths to lie, whether that be Recruiting or People Operations.
About the Role
- Play an integral role in treating our candidates like customers & providing them with the Updater Experience
- Perform complex calendar management & other administrative support functions for interviews & other internal & external meetings
- Take part in consulting with hiring managers to understand specific role objectives & use this information to help write & post job descriptions
- Help manage & maintain our ATS (Greenhouse)
- Help facilitate the new hire on-boarding process
- Assist in the preparation of recruiting presentations as needed
- Handle tasks associated with various projects & programs supported by the team
- Build cross-functional relationships with key partners in other departments
- General people operations duties as needed
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from our candidates & hiring teams point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on how to best approach a situation
- Strong Communication: optimism & a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & able to guide the conversation to a solution
- 1~3 years or equivalent experience in Recruiting or general people operations
- Passionate about attention to detail
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects
- Recent experience with Greenhouse or similar modern ATS
- Expert in Google Calendar usage
- Self-motivated, strong time management & organization skills
- Passionate, innovative spirit, & a desire to work in a flexible & fast-paced startup environment
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.