JW Player is a technology platform which boasts the worlds most widely-adopted web video player, generating billions of video streams a month. We're looking for a senior full-stack engineer who will develop frontend applications that drive monetization for our customers across billions of devices monthly.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Work on innovative products that help our customers grow & monetize their audience
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team that enjoys a high level of autonomy
- Build full stack applications that are optimized for all major browsers across desktop & mobile devices.
- Work in an iterative, agile environment
- Lead the execution of major product initiatives
- Participate in planning activities, code review, providing feedback & mentorship to your peers
- Participate in bi-annual hackathons where you will have the opportunity to innovate with engineers beyond your team
Who You Are:
- You are a full-stack engineer with an emphasis on front-end development
- You have 4+ years of experience developing web applications using modern frameworks (Eg. React, Vue, Angular)
- You have experience with test-driven development & behavior-driven development
- You are adept at using developer tools for debugging web applications
- You have knowledge of modern web development best practices & experience using a functional programming paradigm.
- You have experience working with continuous integration & continuous deployment (CI/CD) technologies (eg. Jenkins, Buildkite)
- You have experience working with relational datastores (eg. PostgresQL, MySQL, MSSQL)
- Strong Github profile
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Experience building scalable distributed systems with cloud infrastructures such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with event-driven or message-driven architecture & datastores such as Aurora MySQL & Elasticsearch
About the Boost Team:
- Our applications are containerized with docker & deployed using Kubernetes
- We deploy multiple times per day
- We use Python for (most) backend development
- We use Postgres for our relational databases, Kafka for data change capture, RabbitMQ for our message broker, Redis for caching, Snowflake for analytics
- We use Typescript, React & Angular for frontend development
- We do CI/CD with Jenkins & Buildkite
- We use AWS infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, & much more
- Our video delivery APIs scale to tens of thousands of requests per second at petabyte scale
- We have a Log-based architecture using Kafka
- We have a data science/machine learning pipeline using Airflow & Tensorflow
- We have a search API powered by Elasticsearch
- We maintain a distributed framework for video metadata extraction
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you & ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) & Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.