Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
Vox Media currently has an opening for a Counsel position in our NY or DC office supporting the Sales, Marketing, Revenue Operations & Events groups. We are seeking a business-minded attorney with experience reviewing, drafting & negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements. The ideal candidate has specific experience working on custom advertising deals & on programmatic & ad tech agreements. You should also have a familiarity with agency, marketing, & events agreements, & drafting terms & conditions for various sweepstakes & contests.
In this position, you will work closely with other members of the Legal Department, as well as our business teams, to review, draft & negotiate agreements, advise on legal risks, & other issues related to the commercial deals you support. You will be tasked with creating, modifying & supporting processes for the teams that will encourage efficiency.
At Vox Media, you will be part of a quickly expanding modern media company that values creativity, innovation, & the empowerment of individuals with the tools to excel. You will be working in a fast-paced & fun environment, & will take an active role assisting Vox Media to scale high-value digital journalism to reach broader audiences.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, negotiate and/or review digital advertising insertion orders & custom agreements for the creation & distribution of advertising campaigns.
- Draft, negotiate and/or review programmatic, measurement & ad representation agreements
- Draft, negotiate and/or review vendor, marketing, conference, events, marketing, or other operational agreements.
- Draft, review & approve sweepstakes, contests, & promotional terms.
- Prepare, implement & refine templates for our various revenue offerings.
- Advise on the company's collection & use of data & collaborate with Info Security on company-wide GDPR compliance program
- Create, manage & educate on legal teams efforts of the company wide process & procedures.
- Provide general support for the legal team on an as-needed basis.
What You'll Bring:
- JD & admitted to practice.
- Strong transactional background, with solid drafting & negotiation skills
- 2-3 years experience, preferably in-house or at a law firm with relevant experience.
- Experience working in a media/internet company preferred.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of legal matters including the IAB terms, advertising (direct & programmatic), data privacy, social media, rights usage, & events a strong plus.
- Practical approach to legal drafting & problem solving.
- Resourceful, with a strong ability to balance legal risk with business needs.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize & meet deadlines within a fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills.
- Eagerness to learn & master subject matters.
- Strong work ethic with meticulous attention to detail & quality of work product.
- Professional, personable, approachable & courteous demeanor.
- Creative, 'roll up your sleeves type' of team player, who can function independently.
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience; please provide salary requirement as part of your application
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.