Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the Marketing Manager you will own the marketing plan for General Assembly in the New York market. You'll create & execute on a data-driven strategy to efficiently grow General Assemblys market share & awareness. Utilizing our beautiful flagship campus in Flatiron, you'll capture & create value through high-impact events & workshops, developing meaningful partnerships with noteworthy companies, organizations, & speakers across New York Citys tech, design, & startup ecosystem. You will be responsible for building & maintaining a highly engaged community of learners with the goal of enabling individuals to pursue work that they love.
You'll collaborate closely with many people in the organization to accomplish your goals (Campus Leadership, Admissions, Operations, Instruction, etc.) & should be adept at working in a team & managing through influence. You will report directly to New Yorks Senior Regional Director & have a team of 3 direct reports.
- Partnerships & Business Development:
- Build target lists of companies, organizations, & speakers that align with General Assemblys mission & needs.
- Conduct outreach & vet organic partner leads through phone calls & face-to-face meetings.
- Develop innovative partnership models that further a partners interests while building the GA community.
- Foster & grow the scope & scale of partner relationships over time.
- Events & Creativity:
- Identify key external events (meetups, etc.) in the community, at times attending on behalf of GA.
- With your team, create & host valuable events, showcasing related content to drive more students, employers, & businesses to campus.
- Work with in-the-field professionals to create & launch short-form workshops that teach todays most in-demand career skills.
- Drive loyalty among attendees & educate them on further learning opportunities within GA.
- Planning, Metrics & Data-Driven Decision Making:
- Analyze marketing funnel data to make thoughtful decisions around areas of opportunity, tracking efforts through dashboards & reporting.
- Work with other campuses to benchmark performance & set aggressive, but realistic growth goals.
- People Management
- Directly manage a staff that tackles the logistics of local event & workshop production.
- Develop & grow talent, potentially building out a team to meet market growth needs.
- You have 4-5 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - & a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, guerilla tactics,, partnerships, email, paid, social, & content.
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, & self-directed, with the ability to set your own goals & priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity & last-minute changes, & remain calm under pressure.
- You bring a proven ability to confidently & effectively provide both constructive & positive feedback to individuals of diverse professional & personal backgrounds.
- You possess a growth mindset.
- When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once & work with all necessary parties externally & internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve, and, most importantly, follow through.
- You have past management experience & know how to motivate & empower your team to hit their goals.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- You bring a contagious positivity & enthusiasm to the teams you join, have a passion for education, & want to help change lives.
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Presentation Skills