At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Market Operations Managers sit at the intersection between the data on the screen & the operations on the ground. Data & insights are at the heart of how Lyft makes business decisions, & our sustained investment in our communities & local operations are a key differentiator, allowing us to understand & act on what makes each city unique.
Reporting to the Regional Director, you will work on high-impact, cross-functional solutions to create the best experience possible for our drivers & riders in Ontario & BC. As a member of the local market leadership team, you will be the key point person leading a strong tiger team of professionals who can hone in on, & use creativity & ingenuity to solve, any problem, strategic or operational, that is thrown at you. You may work on suboptimal airport operations in the morning, & lead the creation of a business case to bring a new line of business to the territory in the afternoon. You will also oversee the strategy & execution of partnerships with local venues & corporate partners to drive growth & build brand equity in the community. Through strategic thinking, data-driven problem-solving, an operational mentality & critical insights, you will ultimately influence how Lyft executes & creates value for customers - both riders & drivers.
- Be the data-driven thought partner for the Regional Director & take an ownership mindset for the supply performance of your market
- Develop a detailed understanding of Lyft's operational areas across Ontario & BC, & identify key market-level questions, problems, & continuous improvement opportunities to drive profitability & operational efficiencies
- Support the Regional Director & local team by serving as the owner for various initiatives that will drive impact locally. This includes developing strategies, project management, & ongoing operational support.
- Develop the operations strategy for local events & manage event logistics to implement initiatives on the ground
- Partner with cross-functional teams across operations, compliance, government relations, marketing, analytics, & product / engineering to provide analytics support for local initiatives
- Develop, maintain, & analyze operational data using SQL, spreadsheets, & other analytical tools to support regional execution on key metrics
- Prepare for & lead monthly deep dives into the program & market performance while developing actionable dashboards for RDs & other local stakeholders
- Diverse work experience, preferably a combination of business strategy & operations; high-growth or start-up experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to influence & collaborate up, down, & across the organization, as well as with external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple large & diverse cross-functional projects at once & adapt to changing priorities in an ambiguous environment
- Experience creating business cases
- Passion & resourcefulness to solve ambiguous, undefined problems
- Strong verbal & written & visual communication skills & extreme attention to detail
- Experience working with senior decision-makers
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel, & SQL, & have experience building forecast models & analyzing complex data sets to make impact high-impact business decisions
- Extended health & dental coverage options, along with life insurance & disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.