Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Analyst to join our Health Insurance Plan Design team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human.
About this role:
The Insurance Product team is responsible for developing Oscars plan portfolio strategy for the Individual & Small Group markets. We ensure that our plan designs meet the needs of a diverse marketplace.
We collaborate with Legal & Regulatory Affairs teams to ensure that our plans designs comply with state & federal requirements, provide materials required for annual Qualified Health Plan (QHP) filings, & ensure that member-facing communications are accurate & easy to understand. As an Analyst on the Insurance Product team, you will develop & file regulatory documents required for annual QHP certification: incorporating feedback from different stakeholders, auditing for accuracy, & finalizing Schedule of Benefits, Summary of Benefits & Coverage, & other plan documents as needed. You will deliver the required plan documents required for annual QHP filings & ensure that these documents are distributed & displayed for all downstream users.
In addition, you will support operational processes to insurance product implementation. This role will support all Oscar states & will work closely alongside other Oscar teams including Sales, Marketing, Go-to-Market teams to ensure Oscars plan information is accurate & available within required time frames.
In this role, you will report to the Insurance Product Director & be responsible for the following:
- Maintain processes & databases for documenting plan cost share & other details by plan by state.
- Contribute to the development & maintenance of plan design data & of internal processes to continually improve efficiency & accuracy.
- Collaborate with internal & external audiences to understand the plan design information needed. Improve plan descriptions to make it simple for all to understand.
- Support the filing & approval of Oscars insurance products through the annual QHP filings with state regulators, state exchanges, & CMS.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in health insurance business operations, consulting, project management, or other related healthcare field
- Strong Excel Skills
- You are collaborative & able to balance & prioritize cross-functional requirements.
- You are organized & have acute attention to detail.
Nice-to-have qualifications & skills:
- A technical bend & the ability to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. SQL/Python)
- You enjoy the problem-solving process & deriving structure & clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.