'Transitioning to a product management role from scratch or another position is a process that I have been through many times - & fundamentally is helped by following product management processes to get the job (and life!) of your dreams!' This session will cover some of the key practices to help you get your desired PM job as well as more out of what you want in life generally.|
Specifically, we will cover:
- What hiring managers need to see to say yes to hiring you into a product role
- What specific processes & approaches to use (as inspired by great product management) to get a PM role
- What pitfalls to avoid
- How to apply this approach to your life generally for better outcomes
Meet the Speaker: Jocelyn Miller
Jocelyn Miller is a businesswoman & entrepreneur with a deep love of product. She has worked at Amazon, Google & as Director of Product Management at Zazzle. Over the course of 10 years she has innovated in the areas of search, personalization, commerce, ads, & customized goods. She currently acts as a personal accelerator, helping teams & individuals catapult to the next level.
She also teaches a number of topics to Fortune 500 companies working at the team level as well as on large-scale organizational change. Clients include American Express, General Electric, Pfizer, AXA, USAA, Staples, NFL, Citigroup, & CBS. Topics include Product Management, User Experience, Rapid Prototyping, Big Data, Personalization, Managing Stakeholders, Metrics/Analytics, Roadmapping & Planning.
Ms. Miller holds a degree in Computer Science & Cognitive Science from Dartmouth College as well as Fashion Design & Interior Design certificates from Parsons School of Design. She has hosted multiple workshops for the CTO School, volunteers with WiTNY, runs a Women's Success Strategies group, & partners with Cornell Tech advising technology & business students.
View the Speaker's LinkedIn
- Tickets sales at the door are from 6:00 - 6:30 PM (if any are still available)
- No refunds unless we have fully canceled the event. Date changes are not included.
- For additional info or questions, send an email to email@example.com
- For last minute questions, send a text to: (646) 679-7377