Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists & we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed & Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders & successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing & rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist I - IIto help develop, test, & improve sample preparation technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist I - II supporting product & technology development, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design, implement, & validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate next generation sequencing instruments
- Run sequencing sample preparation assays in medium to high throughput environment
- Test & improve new NGS based analytical reagent QC methods
- Log & track research samples throughout sequencing workflow
- Ensure that required documentation is created per Quality & Regulatory requirements
- Bring a can do attitude to solve new & challenging problems in a high pace environment
- Analyze data & troubleshoot issues within the tech dev team & among other teams
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams
- Engage in early design of products & perform experiments both independently & under the supervision of Senior team members.
- Be able to present updates, write reports & SOPs, & contribute to technical discussions
- 1-5years related experience
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Excellent written & oral communication skills is a must
- Experience working in a regulated environment is a must
- Hands-on experience in running NGS platforms & assays is a plus
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation is a plus
- Local candidates in San Francisco Bay area are preferred
- Ability to work independently & take initiative
- High degree of self-awareness, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
MSc or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.