What is Slice
Slice is the leading marketplace connecting customers to the local pizza shops they love. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for customers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business. Slice evens the playing field for local pizzerias against both Big Pizza & Mass Marketplaces, & we want you to join our mission.
Slice has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide.Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of product managers, technologists, marketers & operational & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recentlyApples App of the Day?
Why you should be a Principal Product Manager at Slice
This is a rare chance to
- Get in early at a well-funded startup, own your products, & craft world-class experiences.
- Grow your career & receive mentorship from a high-performance team of Product pros from Amazon, AmEx, Gilt, Jet & more top NYC shops.
- Prioritize user outcomes over roadmap output. Make a real difference both for the users feeding their friends/family & in the lives of 55,000 small business owners & the hundreds of thousands of people they employ.
- Drive the roadmap process across multiple consumer & restaurant-facing products by working closely with Engineers, Product Designers & Analysts to test, code, measure & iterate your products.
- Be a driving force on cross-departmental Squads to identify & prioritize high-impact opportunities & keep the team focused on the users Job-To-Be-Done.
- Through both your own data analysis & working with Slices Business Intelligence team, develop & test hypotheses to optimize the experience & drive revenue.
- Support our business development team on the discovery & execution of product partnerships.
- Depending on team, report to Group Product Manager or Director. Flat org design promotes direct meetings with & mentorship from VP of Product.
- 3-6 years of Product Management experience in marketplace & mobile products.
- Good experience both in analyzing data to help develop hypotheses & then constructing experiments to test them.
- Clear passion for Design Thinking & being a partner to Product Design.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate & partner well throughout an organization.
- Meticulous in taking care of the details & demonstrating end-to-end ownership of work.
- Fluent in an agile software development.
- Great Product Managers can come from a variety of backgrounds, & so Slice is open-minded to varied education & experience.