Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the worlds first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry & inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Transportation (Supply Chain: Drop Box / Lockers) is responsible for executing & scaling Rent the Runways transportation network strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging multiple business partners both internal & external to ensure best in class customer experience across multiple carriers & distribution centers.
What You'll Do:
- Implement outbound, inbound & internal shipping strategies in partnership with operations & supply chain leadership, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance & operational efficiency.
- Build working relationships with operational counterparts at each carrier, acting as primary point of contact with the goal of driving continuous improvement along with maximum flexibility & responsiveness in the event of the unexpected.
- Conduct weekly quality calls with carriers to discuss delivery performance, exceptions & timeliness of arrival & dispatch, resulting in concrete, measurable, action plans.
- Act as primary contact for retail & CX teams to ensure that the transportation strategy is meeting their needs & they are complying with all policies.
- Onboard & offboard carriers from network as applicable, negotiate pricing & manage compliance with performance standards, reporting & other obligations.
- Determine & execute emergency recovery strategies as necessary in response to natural disasters, warehouse outages or other disruptions.
- Partner with internal & external stakeholders to scale RTRs network of physical drop off & pickup locations, including optimizing transportation strategy in each market, building process to address common support requests & developing a playbook for the launch of new markets & locations.
- Partner with transportation analytics & other stakeholders on the development of shrinkage & cost reporting in connection with the drop box & internal retail networks
- Create leverage for the supply chain team through the design & implementation of a comprehensive dock clerk training program including SOPs, metrics & processes for evaluating progress.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies.
- 6+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Business Administration or other applicable field required
- MBA or relevant Masters Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement preferred
- You are capable of making decisions independently
- You have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
- Strong analytical, organizational, & written/verbal communication skills
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.