Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. We are a two-sided marketplace connecting consumers to their local merchants to make the purchasing of goods & service more efficient. Our initial product focuses on creating a social food ordering experience that allows users to pre-order take-out at their local restaurants. We make it easy to place group orders & have a coworker deliver your lunch or coffee right to your desk. Our value-add for merchants is to increase their order volume & repeat business. Additionally we provide merchants with valuable insights into their local customer behaviour, allowing for highly targeted local marketing campaigns.
About the Team
The engineering team at Ritual is a small & tight-knit unit. We are driven to deliver high-quality software as quickly as possible to our end users. We are extremely data-driven in our decisions about the product & constantly iterate to provide best customer experience. We are problem solvers, while remaining business-minded & customer-focused.
On the front-end, we use Node.js Express for our service APIs, & React along with Redux for our client web app. Our legacy web systems are served by Java servlets, with Jquery, Bootstrap, & HTML to build the clients.
On the back-end, we are mostly a Java shop hosted on Google Cloud Platform. We are currently in the process of transitioning a monolithic codebase on AppEngine to microservices using Docker/Kubernetes communicating over gRPC. Our data layer is mainly in MySQL, Memcache, & BigQuery.
About the Role
Were looking for an experienced full stack web developer to help us design & build & grow beautifully crafted web products to support our growing business. We are looking for someone with a passion for developing that creates clean, reusable, & robust systems. If you value simplicity, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, & are excited to learn, wed like to talk to you.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience delivering high quality software.
- Experience building APIs.
- Passion for web technologies & improving infrastructure.
- Interest in working on a rapidly changing, ever-evolving systems.
Nice To Haves
- Technical leadership & team management experience.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- A Github account with cool projects in it.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love.
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business.
- Healthcare coverage & a generous vacation policy.
- We eat our own dogfood. You will get a daily credit in-app credit towards lunches & coffees.
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive.
- A pantry full of snacks.
- Fun company-sponsored events & off sites