WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Bump seeks a talented, creative & enthusiastic Visuals Editor to join our team. You're a match if you are resourceful, have a strong work ethic, are able to juggle many projects at once in a fast-paced environment. This individual should be comfortable working both independently & within a team identifying what works visually in the digital baby & parenting industry. You will report directly to the Executive Editor & work closely with the editorial team.
- Independently photo edit & research images for news articles, ecommerce, SEO & evergreen content
- Update outdated images, aid in social image selection (instagram, pinterest, facebook, twitter & tiktok)
- Work closely with the product team to understand & adhere to brand identity
- Collaborate with editorial team on story development & visual concepts
- Maintain image library, product images & other design assets
- Manage stock photography accounts & ensure proper usage of images
- Knowledgeable of contracts, usage rights, photo licensing & copyright laws
- Assist with maintaining budget for photos & shoots; produce shoots as needed
- Maintain a list of & relationship with photographers & illustrators
- Liaise with the video team & social team
SUCCESSFUL VISUALS EDITOR CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Minimum of 5 years editorial or photo experience. Experience & contacts in the baby & parenting industry a plus
- Savvy to source images from stock, PR contacts, photographers, & other user-generated sources
- Well-versed in social media platforms & tools
- Proficient in Adobe Suite & Google Docs; willingness to adapt to evolving applications (such as Slack & other social hosting services)
- Understanding of metadata strategy with archival best practices
- Highly organized, driven & assertive with an engaging & positive manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize & thrive in a fast-paced environment
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You are respectful & act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isnt right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You arent afraid to challenge the status quo & know that theres no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback & never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.