ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for an entrepreneurial leader to join our team as the General Manager of Skimm Money, our finance vertical. Skimm Money is our companys newest line of business focused on personal financial management & serving our core demographic of millennial women. The vertical will launch in March 2020 & will address the end-to-end personal finance management needs of our audience, including a consumer app, access to financial coaches, a private community, content, events & more.This role reports into the Chief Product Officer.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- In collaboration with the Executive Team, spearhead the evolution of the Skimm Money strategy, including planning for the next 2-3 years of the vertical
- Ensure that all dedicated teams working on Skimm Money teams are working in tandem to execute efficiently
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Finance, Editorial, Analytics, Sales, & Marketing teams to execute on the above
- Own the the Skimm Money business & be directly responsible for its success
- Drive growth & manage the P&L hit revenue, audience, growth, & margin targets
- Experiment & test how pulling different levers will impact the business
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated experience working with B2C products & collaborating closely with product, design, & engineering teams\
- Ability to be creative & execute
- Leadership & management experience
- Early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong analytical & execution background ability to identify, quantify, & implement growth opportunities & business management practices
- Excellent written & verbal communication & project management skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.