Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence & expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We've made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.CyberSecurity Architecture team is looking for a Data Engineer with Hadoop admin experience.Candidate will be a part of the Security Data Engineering teamand involved with administering Hadoop-ecosystem & Data Engineering activities. The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to blueprint & deliver modelled attributes, data assets, & self-serve workflows that solve clients' business objectives. You will get the chance to leverage your business acumen & technical knowledge of big data & data mining techniques. Based on deep understanding & knowledge of big-data engineering techniques, you will develop & maintain data & tools to enable data scientists to draw fact based insights & build models This function is critical in building market-relevant client solutions & intellectual property for Visa.
You'll need to have excellent communication & cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies & have experience in Data Platform engineering team to maintain DataQuality & Integrity.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 4-5 years of experience with Bachelor's degree or 2-3 years of experience with Master's degree in Computer.
- Experience with Data Engineering/ETL/Administration experience in production ETL pipelines, utilizing big data engineering techniques that enable statistical solutions to solve business problems.
- Design & develop different architectural models for our scalable data processing as well as scalable data storage
- Experience with various Hadoop distribution like hortonworks.
- Experiencein scripting languages (Shell/Perl/Python/Java etc.) & preferred Java Programming experience.
- Experience with no-sql database administration & development like mongoDB is a must
- Ability to create & manage big data pipeline using kafka, flume & Spark
- Experience building large-scale distributed applications & services
- Experience with Scala programming is plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or Security analytics is a plus, but not required
- Extensive experience with SQL & big data technologies (Hadoop, Python , Java, Spark, Hive etc.) tools for large scale data processing, data transformation & machine learning pipelines
- Experience with data visualization & business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs highly desired
- Some proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is also highly desirable
- Familiarity or experience with data mining & statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
- Demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor, strong attention to detail,team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style
- Work with cross functional teams to fully understand business requirements & desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping & designing analytic data assets, implementing modelled attributes & contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Build & maintain a robust data engineering process to develop & implement self-serve data & tools for Visa's data scientists
- Find opportunities to create, automate & scale repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Execute data engineering projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
- Ensure project delivery within timelines & budget requirements
- Experience on working with very large data sets & knowledge of building programs that leverage Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Data warehouse platforms.
- The engineer will have significant knowledge of Big Data technologies & tools with the ability to share ideas among a collaborative team.
- Responsible for loading data from several disparate datasets, documentation, performance testing & debugging applications.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.