Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fin-tech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About the Team
Engineers on the financial services team influence business-to-business payments, introduce entirely new banking models, enable smoother global commerce by removing complexities involved in the cross border transactions, & deliver pivotal software infrastructure to enable these concepts. Our focus is making financing accessible to everyone.
As a senior softwareengineer, you willwork on projects critical to Tradeshift's needs with opportunities to switch teams & projects as you & our fast-paced business grow & evolve. Our senior engineers are versatile, sharp, kind,and excited to take on new problems across our platform as we continue to push technology forward.
What a day is like:
- Designing/Launching Financial Services, building APIs via micro services & tools
- Developing high quality code while articulating your designs, decisions within team & engineering as a whole
- Adapting to fast pace business by shipping products on time that affect bottomline
- Collaborating within & other teams of Tradeshift engineering globally
- Leveragingtechnologies/frameworks like Spring, Postgres, Redis, & AWS platform services
- Working on projects in Java and/or Scala
- Definingall aspects of development from appropriate technology & workflow to coding standards
- Overseeing progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Providingtechnical guidance & coaching to developers & engineers
- Ensuringsoftware meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
You're perfect for this role if you:
Youlove solving for challenging coding problems in collaboration with your team. You value your teammates' opinions & ideas,enjoy guiding & coaching your colleagues, & are excited to problem solve.
You also have:
- 8+ years of practical experience in a technical environment (even if you don't quite have 8 years, we encourage you to apply. We'd love tohear from you!)
- Experience with Java (Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Experience with debugging & troubleshooting complex operational problems involving more than one AWS availability zones
- Skills in working with data persistence (schema design, optimization) in all forms (relational, noSQL, in-memory, COLUMNAR, etc.)
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you'll be surrounded by the best & brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart & some of the kindest & nicest people around. We're never assholes. You'll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, & have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.