Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
As Associate Paid Marketing Manager, you will become a key player in accelerating our growth. You will be responsible for managing campaigns on various ad platforms as well as establishing & nurturing relationships with affiliates & influencers.
This role requires a results-focused self-starter who wants to make an impact. Having an affinity for data & a zest for relentless optimization is key, as is being passionate about the always-evolving advertising landscape. Familiarity with edtech/online education is not required, but is a plus! This role reports to the Director of Paid Marketing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help develop paid marketing at Codecademy, executing both evergreen & integrated campaigns
- Acquire new customers by building & scaling channels such as Facebook, Google, Display, Affiliates, Influencers, Direct Mail, Podcasts, & TV
- Provide regular insight into campaign performance & give recommendations on how to increase efficiency then execute against those optimizations
- Partner with designers & copywriters to build out creative assets, & regularly refresh based on performance
- Serve as the main point of contact for select vendor & agency partners
- Effectively communicate results & learnings within the broader marketing team & across various stakeholders
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3-5 years of performance marketing experience
- Expert-level understanding of paid marketing channels & associated platforms
- Hands-on experience with Facebook Ads Manager & a deep understanding of best practices around campaign structure, audiences, creative, & bidding
- Comfort manipulating & interpreting large datasets to inform decision-making
- Familiarity with Affiliate & Influencer Marketing oversight: recruitment, communication, establishing commission rates, tracking, etc.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities under tight deadlines
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with edtech/online education
- Experience working with a subscription service
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.