Betterments FP&A team is responsible for improving strategic & financial decision-making across the company. We maintain the companys operating model, partner across the organization to provide forward-looking analysis to support business decisions, & analyze capital allocation decisions. In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team & work directly with our Director of FP&A.
Were looking for someone who thrives in an environment where they will wear multiple hats financial model guru, internal consultant & business strategist. You see the big picture, but always sweat the small stuff. You plan & project for the future, but keep your cool when the conditions change. Youre driven by metrics, & value partnering with key organizations throughout the company. Business partners appreciate your data-driven insights to help make decisions & navigate challenges, & you're a trusted advisor with exceptional interpersonal skills. Youre eager to flex your skills at a dynamic growth stage company where no two days are the same.
A Day in the Life:
- Work with the rest of the FP&A team to own the companys long-term financial model & all budget & forecasting processes
- Build, maintain, & improve reports to measure & track results against expectations
- Collaborate with teams across Betterment in managing their budgets, including budget vs. actual analyses, headcount reporting, & special projects
- Understand & communicate financial results & trends to management, & recommend appropriate course of action when results vary from forecast
- Work cross functionally to ensure accurate reporting on all financial metrics & OKRs
- Define frameworks for how we evaluate investments & resource allocation decisions
- Develop financial models & analyses to support new strategic initiatives
- Assist in preparing materials for the Head of Finance, including board decks, investor materials, & other executive updates
What Were Looking For:
- Industry experience with budgeting / planning, financial modeling, & decision analytics (e.g. FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity)
- Work experience within the technology industry and/or within a high-growth setting
- Passion for rolling up your sleeves, building complex models in Excel & other planning applications
- Knack for analyzing raw data, drawing conclusions, & developing actionable recommendations
- A self-starter mentality with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong strategic & business decision-making abilities
- Ability to work across disciplines to generate new processes and/or resolve issues
- Excellent presentation skills & the ability to instantly build rapport
- Experience with SQL, Looker, Tableau, or other data manipulation tools
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells & BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.