Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
The Concept Artist will work in a cooperative & interdisciplinary team environment to conceptualize the universe of the game.
An academic understanding of the form, structure, color & exceptional lighting & a particularly creative imagination are essential to the position.
- Create digital painting inspirations for the marketing & production teams;
- Create sketches, studies & designs of characters, accessories & special decor elements;
- Create environmental studies, atmospheric elements & screen overlays (paintovers);
- Communicate with production artists to clarify the concepts to achieve delivery dates;
- Participate in meetings to share ideas & knowledge, & undertaking research & gathering of data before starting a new task to ensure effective management & achievement of the objectives by identifying the graphic requirements of the game, by having on hand all necessary reference materials, including the art direction & the technological requirements;
- Design & present the visual style of the game while respecting the Artistic Director's artistic vision
- Create initial concepts from basic sketches, & then add the details required to reach final & specific concepts.
- Experience with 3D (Maya, 3dsMax) software;
- Important skills in conceptual art with a good understanding of perspective, color, light & atmosphere & how to use them correctly in the reproduction of the concept;
- Be able to quickly express the vision in terms of linear art & color image reflecting the atmosphere, the composition & interpretation;
- knowledge of drawing software solutions; for example, Photoshop;
- Solid base in traditional arts, including figurative drawing, landscape, & illustration;
- Be able to work in a variety of styles & specific styles, also sometimes produced by another artist or artistic director;
- Autonomous, good communicator & an excellent team player;
- Unconditional lover of video games;
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Good oral & written communication;
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to details.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The internship is for Summer 2019.