About the role: You will be joining the founding team of Dig Inns newest concept, Room Service, an innovative approach to elevating food delivery through new culinary concepts, high quality logistics, strategic packaging, & beautiful design. Youll have the opportunity to work alongside some of our organizations most talented chefs creating new menus while working in a fun, fast-paced environment. Were seeking talented cooks that are passionate about learning new skills & building a new business with a similarly passionate team. Youll follow recipes, taste & collaborate on perfecting the execution of our dishes, while running an impeccable, well-organized & clean station during each service. You will also have opportunity to create dishes & innovate with the team as we constantly seek to elevate our cuisine. Were excited to welcome new team members to grow with us & into leadership positions as we scale the concept to multiple locations over the next year.
Compensation: Full-time position; $18-20/hour, based on experience. Availability primarily afternoon & evening shifts, very limited weekend work.
- Manage your prep list & communicate with the R&D Chef on food inventory, ensuring your walk-in is fully-stocked & organized
- Properly execute our rotating menu
- Own restaurant cleanliness by setting up the opening shift for success & closing with confidence that the kitchen is prepared for the next day
- Follow Dig Inn & health department standards
- Stand & walk for extended periods of time
- Work with a fast-paced environment, communicating with your peers to ensure culinary excellence at all points of the shift
- Demonstrate professional maturity
- Have the opportunity to influence our menu as we continue to elevate our service
- 2+ years of line cook experience in a fast-paced, full-service, & upper-scale dining restaurant
- Great team dynamic & ability to maintain positive attitude during high intensity experiences
- Strong work ethic with dedication to the highest standards of quality
- Effective team communication skills
- A can-do attitude & the willingness to pitch in to help the team whenever necessary
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- Food Safety Certification, preferred
- A passion for real, good food
Work Perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive pay) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms.
The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.