HuffPost is looking for an enterprising & imaginative Editor-in-Chief to lead its UK newsroom & build on HuffPost UKs successes within Entertainment, Life & Politics.
The ideal candidate will have deep editorial experience, be motivated by HuffPosts editorial mission & come with a vision to grow the reach & impact of our journalism.
They will be an inspiring leader with a track record of running a team, and have experience in mentoring & supporting journalists to improve their skills & grow their careers.
The candidate will lead by example, ensuring staff are motivated & energised, & come with a proven history of working collaboratively & lifting up their colleagues.
They will be an innovator who is excited to explore new editorial & commercial formats that will cement HuffPost UK as leader in digital publishing.
- Lead the newsroom & drive the strategy to grow audiences
- Direct & uphold journalistic standards & ethics, ensuring a consistency in tone & style across the site
- Delivering a commerce strategy, balancing a budget, working with revenue targets & being face of the brand with sales teams
- Maintain an inclusive, collaborative, transparent & fun work culture
- Collaborate with commercial teams to identify & build new revenue opportunities
- Serve as the public face of HuffPost in the UK, representing the brand in the media, within the industry, & with journalism schools, government & regulatory bodies
- Work with the audience team, section editors & the wider business to explore ways to maximise engagement & reach new audiences
- Championing HuffPost UK within the wider business & collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders
- Extensive experience as a journalist, especially on the social web
- A demonstrated knowledge of & commitment to covering issues of race & multiculturalism
- A history of leading a successful team, preferably within Entertainment, Life or Politics
- Passion for management, mentorship & training of newsroom talent
- Ability to interpret audience insights to inform coverage decisions & meet goals
- Experience in delivering against commercial & audience targets
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.