Tech Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer
Tech Infrastructure is a team of engineers building tools & software for other engineers. Our mission is to build the foundations that streamline development, standardize quality, & empower the Compass Engineering organization to build the first end-to-end real estate platform.
You are an experienced backend engineer or systems architect who wants to be a part of a fast-paced startup in hyper-growth.
You obsess over the opportunity to make it easy for Compass engineers to ship code: you collaborate openly with our product facing teams, understand their impediments, & devise & build solutions to help them move faster. You strive for operational excellence & high quality in all endeavors.
You are passionate about performance, monitoring, & highly-available applications & services. Your code is well-instrumented & you have a pulse on the heartbeat of the platform.
You feel it is critical that your voice is heard in engineering & business decisions. You love learning about new technologies & sharing what youve learned with others. Youre both a listener & contributor. You take care to understand before making yourself understood.
You believe in configuration-as-code & understand that code is 10x more difficult to remove from a repository than it is to commit. You believe in code cleanliness & understand that testing is paramount to delivering value to our peers. You can't stand the idea of the same thing breaking twice.
At Compass You Will
- Help streamline the way stateful services & other infrastructure is provisioned.
- Transform the Compass platform from to a modern, container-based infrastructure.
- Improve the way teams create services & provide them with rich tools to keep their applications & services secure.
- Power transactions in between Compass services (service auto-discovery).
- Provide Compass engineers with best-in-class tools to monitor their applications & services performance & availability.
- Build a fast, sustainable container build & deploy pipeline using modern CI/CD technologies.
- Create frameworks to help engineers test their code & perform staged feature rollouts.
- Create automation that enforces best practices across all of Engineering, freeing other team members from concern & worry.
What Were Looking For
- 3-5 years experience using one of our backend programming languages (Python, Go, Java.
- 2-4 years using AWS/Cloud technologies or equivalent certification.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with Jenkins/Spinnaker is a plus.
- Experience with infrastructure automation frameworks (CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform) is a plus.
- Exposure to service mesh technologies (consul/router, Istio, Docker swarm, etc). is a plus.
- Ansible, CloudFormation
- Docker, Kubernetes, EKS
- Istio, NGINX
- DataDog, Sentry
- Jenkins, Spinnaker
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!