BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The Product Marketing team creates & evangelizes industry-leading ad products, collateral & narratives, representative of the best of BuzzFeeds client solutions. The Product Marketing team manages BuzzFeeds ad product catalog, conveying BuzzFeeds value to advertisers, increasing ad product adoption internally, & sustaining our growth.
BuzzFeed branded content consists of posts, video, Tasty, Creator-led content, custom social assets, affiliate content & other transaction-led content. We are looking for somebody to define the future of branded content at BuzzFeed, please apply if that sounds like the challenge for you!
As Product Marketing Manager (Content), you will oversee the ad product roadmap & go-to-market approach for BuzzFeeds content offerings that drive awareness & conversion. Youll maintain the current product suite, roll out new ad products based on market demands & internal innovation, develop excellent narratives around BuzzFeeds client solutions, & work with our Sales, Creative, Operations, Research, Tech, & Editorial teams to bring exciting opportunities to market.
You will report to the Director of Product Marketing. While the preference is for this individual to be based in NYC or LA, we are open to considering candidates who are based in other states.
- Ad Product Management: Improve current Content product offerings based on marketplace feedback, internal insights & performance. Ensure each product provides measurable value to advertisers & meet BuzzFeeds internal margin goals. Create a repeatable framework for launching new ad products to create long-term revenue growth.
- Operations & Processes: Ensure all teams involved with selling & delivering our product suite have a clear understanding of each products value proposition, how they are implemented, & that the creative, distribution & pricing strategies are built to provide value to both advertisers & to BuzzFeed.
- Data & Insights: Translate findings into actionable consumer narratives, product features, & marketing collateral. Maintain platform & vendor relationships to identify marketable opportunities to better develop BuzzFeed ad products at scale.
- Communication: Create a centralized way of accessing resources (specs, GTM, process docs, examples) for each product that BuzzFeed sells. Keep the Revenue Team informed of new opportunities through different modes of communication including email, newsletters, & presentations to the wider organization.
- 5+ years of digital advertising industry experience in an ad product, product marketing, native content, affiliate marketing, or relevant field.
- Experience at a digital publisher, working with teams who may have different priorities - including sales, research, creative, operations, tech, & editorial teams.
- Experience distilling complex information & presenting to both customer-facing & internal audiences.
- Passionate about advertising, & creating solutions that provide value to both end-users & advertisers.
- Excellent slide-building skills using Google Slides, Keynote, or PowerPoint & experience with products like - Google Sheets, Slides, Documents
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience launching & improving digital media products
- Experience developing custom content or affiliate products that drive conversion
FYI just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.