Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Communications Specialist, you will play a key role in ensuring successful execution of our communication strategy. In this role you will learn from a growing, world-class communications team, have the opportunity to put new skills into practice & help keep the team on the rails. You will collaborate closely with the broader policy, strategy & communications organization as well as marketing, legal, compliance & finance. Your primary responsibility will be keeping the team accountable to on-time delivery of deadlines & opportunities & keeping the engine running to bring our strategy to life. This role will report to the VP of Communications & support the entire Communications team.
What you'll work on:
- Media list development & management.
- Mining news for trends, hooks & insights.
- Coordinating the event & media tracker.
- Measurement & share of voice analysis.
- Press & policy event management.
- Trade media outreach.
- Drafting press releases & related external content.
- Running the Circle News employee slack channel.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- 2+ years combined experience in a Communications role via internship or part-time assignment.
- Baseline PR knowledge & experience - how to write a release, how to build relationships with media & exposure to building & executing against a communication plan.
- Outstanding writing & verbal communication skills.
- Appetite for learning, growth & career development.
- Get it done attitude with ability to pivot fast, go with the flow & take on new challenges.
- A foundational understanding of markets, finance, banking, & economics.
- A deep interest in crypto & blockchain infrastructure.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.