Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Product Specialist to join our Product team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
Oscar is looking for a Product Specialist to support the Product teams mission using technology & design to improve healthcare. Youll work with & learn from an experienced team of Product Managers, Engineers, & Designers. And youll take on multiple essential processes across our Planning Care & Member Growth product areas, helping us make rapid progress on the experiences we offer & the underlying systems that make those experiences possible.
You will report to a Director of Product in our New York office.
- Partner with Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, external partners, & other team members to identify problems & create solutions
- Implement important processes that help us scale our products
- Create documentation to make team processes sustainable & scalable
- Promote internal & external communications around feature launches, training materials, & onboarding plans
- Ensure that bugs within your product area are being escalated & triaged
- Analyze product data & building dashboards to ensure we stay data-informed
- ...and anything else your product area needs to be successful.
- You have 2 or more years of work experience & at least 1 year spent in a cross-functional role in technology or operations
- You represent the needs of the product team in conversations with internal stakeholders & external partners.
- You have a passion for fixing problems, honing processes, & driving projects forward -- whatever is needed to achieve our goals.
- While you can take on large projects independently, you enjoy working cross-functionally to accomplish greater goals as a team.
- You grasp technical concepts quickly, ask good questions, & are as comfortable working side-by-side with engineers as you are explaining software requirements to a non-technical audience. Writing code is not required a required skill.
- Youre not afraid to dive into the data & systems to understand trends & troubleshoot issues.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.