The Director of Executive Communications will join Tanium as a strategic team member of the global communications team within the Marketing organization. Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, the executive communications leader will be responsible for developing & executing a communications strategy, thought leadership platform, & strategic content for key Tanium executives, including our Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) & Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), to support each leaders business goals & priorities, articulate their POV, & amplify Taniums industry leadership, value proposition, & brand awareness.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, the individual in this high-visibility, high-impact role will be responsible for strategic messaging & content for: internal & external speaking engagements, internal communications & events, customer/partner communications & events, presentations for the executive leadership team, board of directors, & senior advisor meetings, executive correspondence, video scripts, talking points, PR/media, & social media.
The ideal candidate is a strategic & big picture thinker that enjoys learning new information & can quickly synthesize relevant & diverse subject matter into compelling executive communications for Taniums key stakeholders, including employees, senior leaders, board members, customers, partners, senior advisors, & the industry-at-large.
What youll do:
- Build & drive the communications strategy across both internal & external platforms for key public-facing executives, while simultaneously supporting the companys business priorities, mission, & values. The role will be cross-executive, with a specific focus on supporting our CRO & CAO.
- Oversee all executive communications deliverables, including, but not limited to strategic messaging & content for: internal & external speaking engagements, internal communications & events, customer/partner communications & events, presentations for executive leadership team, board of directors, & senior advisor meetings, executive correspondence, video scripts, talking points, PR/media, analyst engagement, & social media.
- Create keynotes & talking points for key industry & thought leadership events in close partnership with the broader organization. Capture the executives voice & manage all aspects of their participation in events, including partnering with external parties to execute creative, video, design, & more.
- Identify & evaluate top tier speaking opportunities for executives to help them build & maintain a profile in the industry. Coach & guide executives on messaging, tone, & speaker delivery.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to strengthen, align, & amplify Taniums technology & business messaging.
- Manage communications challenges in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing deliverables in a timely manner.
Were looking for someone with:
- BA or BS or related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in a corporate communications or similar role
- Experience in corporate storytelling & corporate narratives
- Experience advising, building trust & respect with senior executives in large companies
- Exceptional writing & communication skills, with an emphasis on simple & conversational style
- Success with keynote presentations & organizational communications
- Global experience, understanding & sensitivity to cultural differences
- Experience in security, IT operations, & cloud technologies is preferred
- Professional, collaborative, self-driven, team player
- Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced & dynamic working environment
- Proven success in a dynamic environment, demanding strong sense of urgency & ability to reprioritize often
- Proficiency in Office365 tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.