TheVice President,Marketing, Topic is responsible for brand, content & performance marketing strategies to build & retain a subscriber base for Topics new streaming service. The role spans brand (brand identity, positioning, awareness campaigns, social media/influencer), content (title & programming campaigns & creative strategy), & acquisition (performance media campaign planning), to build the subscriber base & establish the customer lifecycle (email, push, in-app) to engage & retain across all channels & partnerships.
Collaborate with the creative, programming, social, analytics, product, & business teams to identify & implement strategies to meet organizational goals, including subscriber acquisition & retention, creative development, revenue, events, & more.
We want a curious, creative, & critical thinker who can translate insights into initiatives that create growth, while leading projects from conception to completion.
This role will be an integral member of the Marketing team & will report to the SVP, Marketing. The role will have two direct reports.
- Brand Awareness: Develop & execute on brand campaigns that build awareness & interest for Topic in the market
- Content Positioning & Marketing:Oversee the creation of creative briefs, title positionings, & strategy materials. Collaborate with creative & development teams to market our streaming content.
- Customer Acquisition & Paid Media: Develop along with Director of Acquisitions a highly-efficient performance driven media plans that effectively promote our brands & content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & Google (YouTube, AdWords, Paid Search, SEO), App Stores, & more.
- Customer Retention: Develop along with Director of Retention, efficient strategies to ensure engagement with our brand & service
- Audience Targeting & Outreach: Understand the position of our brand & develop an in-depth understanding of the Topic user to inform strategy that drives LTV & other established KPIs
- Partnerships: Establish & maintain partnerships (including syndication, content swaps, sweepstakes, etc.) with third party publishers to grow subscribers & brand presence.
- Analytics/Optimization: Understand changes in traffic & engagement in order to translate user response data into actionable insights. Work closely with the analytics & product team to identify testing initiatives to improve onsite engagement.
- Podcasts: For Topics streaming titles that include podcasts, lead the development of the podcast initiatives that grow listeners & build awareness for Topics streaming service.
- Newsletters: Develop & execute audience acquisition & retention strategies for Topics email offering to increase engagement & subscriber base.
Background & Qualifications:
- 10+ or more years of marketing experience, preferably in entertainment (TV/film/digital), video or media
- Experience working with programming/development, product, creative, & technical teams.
- Some experience working with customer-centered business goals (e.g. subscription, e-commerce or membership).
- Experience overseeing campaigns on social/advertising platforms including: Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Adwords, etc.
- Extensive experience with developing creative briefs & evaluating concepts / final executions
- Understanding of analytics solutions (Google Analytics), social media measurement tools (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc) & social listening (Shareablee, Sysomos, ListenFirst, CrowdTangle, etc.)
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, written, & verbal skills with an eye for creating engaging presentations & simple reports
- Strong leadership skills & the ability to communicate & work well with multiple teams.
- Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism anddocumentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First LookMedia was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, & the recently launched Topic SVOD service, & plans to continue expandingits mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technologyhelping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand, streaming service, & entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award-winningfilms (Spotlight) to television, audio & digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues ofour time. Our approach challenging, compelling & unconventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.