Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), headquartered in New York City, is the premier tech & content platform providing beautiful & relevant visual & audio content for storytellers around the world to engage & captivate their audiences. The entrepreneurial spirit is deeply ingrained in our culture, & we are a dynamic & growing company with the financial strength & ongoing profitability to fuel our growth ambitions. We are currently seeking a results-oriented Director to join the Shutterstock team in our Business Strategy & Product Marketing function.
The Business Strategy & Product Marketing function is a newly formed group reporting to the VP/GM of Image & Motion. We are seeking a Director of Business Strategy & Product Marketing for Motion. The Director will be the leader responsible for ideating & executing on projects that drive growth, profitability, & overall success of the video & music businesses. This is a highly influential role with great visibility among the C-suite as the GM function reports directly into the office of the CEO.
This seasoned leader will work closely with research & business analytics teams to understand the market landscape, our target audiences, & our business performance to ideate new growth strategies. The leader will collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, marketing, finance, & other teams to execute on key strategies. Our primary objectives are to analytically drive strategic decisions & operational rigor across the company to execute to the desired results.
The ideal candidate is a proactive leader with proven success in a cross-functional environment, a smart, strategic thinker who drives results, & an aspiring CEO who can stay focused & move fast on high impact projects. This is a full-time position & is located in New York City.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Motion business & be the person that can connect the dots between teams to identify areas for improvement, efficiency, & collaboration
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders & other internal stakeholders on key business initiatives, programs, resource planning, & special projects related to the Motion business
- Frame decisions & contribute a strong point of view
- Collaborate closely with product & engineering to define & develop product value propositions & positioning in the context of business strategy & market landscape - developing the understanding of 'why' we are building products & features
- Identify target audiences & drive a cross-functional team to operationalize marketing campaigns & product launches to penetrate the target audience
- Create compelling messaging, positioning & go-to-market plans for new product & service offerings & for driving deeper adoption of our existing solutions
- Work closely with research, pricing, & business/data analytics teams to analyze & understand our audiences, stay ahead of our evolving competitive landscape, identify key growth opportunities, & recommend solutions & course of action based on data & insights
- Measure & evaluate marketing initiatives & product launches to quantify project success & identify areas of improvement for future projects
- 8+ years of business strategy & marketing experience with 6+ years in a product marketing role defining & executing go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated success & passion for collecting & using customer insights to drive strategic decisions
- Experience developing positioning, messaging & pricing for products & offering packages that serve multiple personas, verticals & markets
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills; very comfortable communicating to senior executives.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record influencing a cross-functional & highly diverse global team
- Expertise in data-driven decision-making. Ability to analyze complex data sets if required
- Conversant in multiple marketing channels; must have knowledge of digital & traditional channels, & in-product user experience
- Entrepreneurial & proactive. Thrive in a fast-paced, get-it-done environment
- MBA a plus
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V