Maven is the largest virtual clinic for womens & family health with a mission to improve the health of the world-- one woman, one family at a time. Mavens unique care model enables employers & health plans to improve maternal health outcomes & lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, & parenting/pediatrics, & offers 24/7 access to Mavens proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in womens health.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women & families, & raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, & individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, & Anne Wojcicki.
Reporting to the VP of People, the Head of Recruiting will be responsible for the success of our hiring goals for 2021 & beyond. Maven doubled in size last year & we plan to continue our hiring growth investing in our technical teams & building a new office & talent market in Chicago. The ideal candidate for this position is a true start-up recruiter who is motivated by building high performing, diverse teams rather than just filling roles. You thrive in a fast paced environment, you believe that recruiting plays an impactful role in the overall success of the business & you care deeply about scaling recruiting operations with strong data hygiene tracking team performance, recruiting efficiency & quality of hiring decisions.
As the Head of Recruiting at Maven, you will:
- Design & lead the recruiting strategy to support Mavens hiring goals, specifically focused on diversity & inclusion, investing in our technical teams & opening a new location in Chicago over the next year.
- Build a culture of recruiting at Maven owning business critical searches to lead by example & share best practices with the recruiting team, hiring managers, interviewers & all Mavens to hit our aggressive hiring targets.
- Develop data driven Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track recruiting performance, efficiency & the Return on Investment (ROI) of our tools & partnerships.
- Coach a high performing team of recruiters that can consistently deliver against hiring targets, flex with ambiguity & changing priorities, & act as consultative recruiting partners to the business.
- Lead recruiting projects including talent brand initiatives testing new channels to maximize high quality candidates & launch hiring manager & interviewer training to create consistent standards across the company
- Rigorously prioritize headcount with the executive team to manage stakeholder expectations on timing & execution of hiring plans.
Were looking for you to bring:
- 8+ years of experience full life cycle recruiting in high-volume, fast paced environments owning sourcing, recruiting & complex close negotiations.
- 2+ years owning the high growth recruiting strategy & recruiting operations including reporting, management of tools, & day to day team development & career growth.
- Strong influencing skills to quickly build credibility, establish rapport & engage in executive level partnerships to consult on hiring plans & execution.
- Creative problem-solving & analytical skills combined with excellent written & oral communication; direct experience presenting to senior leadership.
- Significant entrepreneurial drive, ability to create order from chaos, & willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems.
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Early stage & high growth startup experience
- Digital health & healthcare industry knowledge
- Experience launching a new talent market & office location
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for Mavens & generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave & 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.