Shine is the world's largest self-care club, with 3 million members across 189 countries.
Our approach to wellness: It isn't pricey, preachy, or privileged. We pride ourselves on being accessible, actionable, and non-shamey-we believe personal growth starts with accepting who you are today.
Our members take care of their mental and emotional health daily with the freemium Shine app. It delivers a new motivational message and meditation each day, plus features a library of 500+ meditations to help them cope with specific feelings and situations.
Our premium members also get real-time advice from other Shine members in our private Shine Squad digital community-it's peer-to-peer support that reminds them they don't have to go it alone.
In just two years since launching, our app already has over 10,000 5-star reviews (1 in 3 call Shine life-changing), we were named one of the best self-care apps of 2018 by Apple, and we've seen that increased use of Shine is correlated with decreases in both anxiety and depression by up to 35%.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
You're thoughtful, organized, data-obsessed, creative and love new challenges. Your idea of a fun Friday afternoon is a pizza-fueled user feedback session on a new product you're working on.
You're tired of seeing poorly designed wellness products and know that there's a better way to provide easy, fun and affordable wellbeing. You've led teams and products in the past, and you're comfortable both inspiring through vision and executing where needed. You're looking for more than a job, but a leadership position and a team you can enjoy working with to make your mark on the world.
How you will succeed in this role:
Build products users love: Gather, synthesize and prioritize user needs with consideration for business needs and market trends. Transform those into detailed product requirements.
Provide a cohesive vision: Own the product roadmap, tying the different aspects of the Shine ecosystem together and in a way that's ensures consistent execution of the product life-cycle.
Galvanize a cross-functional team: Take ownership of Shine's product offerings and lead cross-functional teams in product definition.
Talk to and champion the user: Lead frequent user testing and feedback sessions, translate qualitative data and customer service tickets to product features.
Establish a data-driven point of view: You're comfortable handling quantitative data to draw insights and run A/B tests that move the product forward.
Always be iterating: If you like things to be done, this role won't be for you. You're in charge of setting goals, measuring the success of the feature-set and iterating based on performance.
Comfortable with cash: You're excited about price testing and business experiments that drive engagement and revenue.
Move fast: You can efficiently solicit feedback to quickly build consensus around decisions.
Have a passion about using tech for good: You get excited about solving the world's biggest problems with accessible technology and believe in a world where a daily wellbeing practice is as common as brushing your teeth.
- 2-5 years experience in a product leadership role
- Passion for building innovative, mission-based products-with a strong aptitude for bigger-picture business strategy
- Decisiveness and strategic insight on when to ship, kill or iterate
- Experience writing product requirements, communicating efficiently with a cross-functional team, A/B testing, optimization, feature prioritization
Experience managing an agile product process and working closely with engineering, marketing, operations, and customer service team
- Experience using wireframing and prototyping tools like Sketch, Figma, and Invision
- Experience with analytics tools like Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and AppsFlyer and drawing actionable insights from data
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Monthly game nights (aka Codenames night)
- Stand up for something. Literally - we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all
We strive to bring diversity and inclusivity in everything we create. And that starts from building a team of creators from a wide range of backgrounds. We encourage all to apply! Shine is an equal opportunity employer.