MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software & manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still & are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor & enable teams to drive decisions with machine data. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch in 2019!
Our industry 4.0-ready platform increases productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, & deep manufacturing analytics. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
MachineMetrics is hiring a Data Engineer to join our team in Boston or Northampton, Massachusetts. As a growing startup, we are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, & amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company.
Over the past several years, youve helped create solutions to constantly evolving data problems. With that experience, you are now ready to help architect & build the next generation IoT streaming platform.
Ideally, youre the kind of person that enjoys working independently & with other teams. You love inspiring your team & helping them seek solutions. Are you ready to learn more?
What Youll Do:
- Create, maintain, & enhance data ingestion & processing pipeline architecture all the way from the Edge to the Cloud & back to the factory floor.
- Build & manage services for both real-time & batch analytics.
- Leverage scalable data streaming, processing, & storage systems such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, DynamoDB, & PostgreSQL
- Champion code quality & architecture improvements
- Review code & provide/receive constructive feedback to help develop the team
- Be a champion of our Core Values
How Youll Make an Impact:
- 2 plus years of experience building data-intensive applications (high velocity, high volume)
- Demonstrated ability in designing & operating a streaming platform (eg. Kafka, Flink, Spark, Samza)
- Relational database experience such as PostgreSQL or MySQL & NoSQL data stores such as Redis or DynamoDB
- Experience working with many terabytes of multi-tenant customer data
- Prior experience with Node.js as well as having an AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, DevOps, Big Data) is a plus
All qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.