Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK) is a rapidly growing & profitable tech company headquartered in New York City that powers visual creativity around the world. We are currently seeking a results-oriented professional to join the Taxation team as a Tax Director.The Director will play a key role in company-wide overall responsibility for primary responsibility for supporting the federal, state, & local taxation.
- Primary responsibility for supporting the federal, state & local, & international tax functions in the following areas:
- Overall responsibility for non-income taxes, including the KEY areas of VAT, SALT, & withholding taxes;
- Directly manage all non-income tax compliance, including filing of sales tax, VAT, & other miscellaneous returns & annual 1099 / 1042 process, through third party processors and/or internally with internal & external staff assistance ;
- Direct responsibility for planning in connection with the above;
- Primary responsibility to interact with all third party vendors in connection with the above including TAXAMO, AVALARA, ADYEN.
- Direct responsibility for managing all audit activity in connection with the above matters;
- Assist in the preparation of the tax provision in accordance with the principles of ASC 740, on a quarterly & annual basis, including FIN 48 & tax account reconciliations
- Responsibility for the ASC 740 impact of the above KEY areas of responsibility.
- Assist with income tax return compliance & estimated tax payments as necessary including with regard to KEY areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) compliance process & ensure an effective tax control environment in connection with KEY areas of responsibility.
- Participate in all aspects of data gathering & analytics in support of the tax planning, transfer pricing, & audit functions
- Identify, research & evaluate opportunities for the better application of technology to the tax function to streamline workflows, enhance analytics & improve output quality.
- From a tax perspective, collaborate with Treasury & Corporate Finance functions in coordinating international treasury functions especially specifically related to:
- Cross border cash movements;
- Management of legal entity cash accounts;
- Project-related expertise/active oversight including:
- ADYEN roll out,
- potential International pooling arrangement,
- currency hedging,
- assist as intermediary in connection with international/foreign banking relationships (for example, AIB Ireland, WOORI Korea, etc),
- optimizing global cashflow opportunities, including potential regional type financing centers,
- assist in the oversight of local treasury resources as developed,
- Assistance in ensuring adequate & timely financing of all international locations,
- Consideration & analysis of optimal international funding opportunities including for example, local leveraging, etc.
- BS Degree in Accounting/Finance, (ii) MS, preferably in Tax and/or CPA
- 12 years minimum in combination of public accounting & industry / corporate (preferably U.S. based SEC reporting company), with strong Director-level experience in tax areas detailed above with a working knowledge of global treasury operations.
- Tax technology experience.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization & project management skills (process driven).
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills (Ability to communicate technical matters to tax / non-tax / non-financial personnel).
- Ability to multitask while staying focused in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in high-technology with an understanding of unique taxation issues arising in e-commerce & digital marketplace.
- Multiple language skills is a plus.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V