At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work within cross functional teams on professional-grade video tools for creators, supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of videographers & businesses worldwide.
The Mobile Platforms team is a small team of engineers that cares about user experience & celebrates technical excellence. We emphasize collaboration & believe diverse perspectives are key to building great technology. We also believe that great teams reach success faster when teammates take the time for self-care & care for one another.
What youll do:
- Manage a team of engineers across multiple platforms to build great products while providing guidance to help increase the efficiency, stability, & maintainability of everything your team produces
- Work individually with direct reports to facilitate their career paths for growth within your team & at Vimeo
- Partner with Recruiting & HR to attract & retain a diverse team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, feedback, & career development
- Develop & implement processes for building better software & teams, & become an evangelist for architectural & organizational best practices
- Work closely with our Design & Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate upon & test new features
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, & communicate engineering priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions & drive change on behalf of your team
- Create a collaborative & inclusive engineering environment that is open-minded, respectful, & effective, while fostering a team culture of accountability, communication, & self-management
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Extensive knowledge & development experience (3+ years) in building & distributing products on one or more native platforms such as Android or iOS. Multi-platform experience is a plus
- Solid experience with software version control, developer task management tools, & agile workflow
- Strong advocacy for testing, analytics, & KPI awareness on prior projects, as a developer or engineering leader
- A track record of mentoring engineers & advocating for their career growth
- Extensive experience designing & implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Ability to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Prior experience & success recruiting great people to your team, with an emphasis on maintaining psychological safety as your team grows
- Experience leading & managing engineers towards delivering timely, high-quality software
- The technical knowledge to guide, challenge, & inspire engineers to make excellent architecture & product decisions
- A strong organizational ability to manage complex projects & complete them in a timely manner
- Great attention to detail
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.