BuzzFeed the social news & entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment & video across the social web.
We are looking for an Sr. Account Executive, Client Partnerships - Vertical with a passion for social content-driven advertising.
You have experience in digital/experiential media & a proven track record within sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation, & customer service skills. You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products & begin generating revenue.
- Pitch renewal business & seeks to find new lines of business in order to generate growth amongst existing clients
- Strategically & creatively build a pipeline & maintain a high level of activity
- Prepare for & manage business meetings with clients ranging from agency-level to C-level clients
- Develop a sales strategy & business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands & agencies as well as RFP agency business.
- Host online, phone & in-person presentations
- Utilize extensive knowledge of assigned clients, including their internal structure, agency partners, etc. to uncover new opportunities for revenue
- Expert on social media, content Marketing, mobile & digital video
- 3+ years of digital media & sales experience is required
- Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, discovery, pitching, closing & renewing business
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
- Outstanding communications skills including negotiation skills & exemplary consultative selling skills.
- Experience navigating the internet & social platforms
- A desire to learn & adapt in an ever changing industry
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.