MakerBot believes there's an innovator in everyone. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in reliability & ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the desktop 3D printing process. From the start, we have also redefined what's possible for makers of all walks by introducing many industry firsts. Today, we are proud to both serve the largest install base of 3D printers worldwide & run the largest 3D design community in the world.
Over the past few years, weve expanded the functionality of our printers to include the kind of accessibility & control consumers have come to expect in our always-on, cloud-connected world. And the web team makes that possible. Your work will have an enormous impact on our users.
In a nutshell, we are looking for someone who:
- Can take a feature from concept to execution by thinking through problems & potential pain points & offer solutions while working in harmony with others involved in the process.
- Is able to understand, maintain, & build upon existing systems.
Specifically, a successful candidate will have:
- A strong bias for maintainable & performant code.
- Empathizes with our users & aims to do right by them.
- Strong written communication skills & a belief in the power of documentation & unit tests.
How we work:
- We are a small & somewhat nimble team. We arent afraid to try new things if something isnt working but we also aim to be pragmatic about scope & timelines & seek to find the right balance.
- We follow some overarching principles of agile & scrum methodologies. Specifically, we work in two week sprints, run a daily stand-up, & hold sprint planning & sprint retrospective meetings.
- After passing all unit tests, new code goes through an asynchronous (i.e. via GitHub) peer review cycle before it gets sent off to spend some quality time with our QA team.
- We have a growing CI/CD infrastructure, & hourly deploys are common some days.
- An interest in 3D printing.
- Competency in DevOps type tasks.
Additional tools & Technology we use:
- Git & GitHub
- AWS & Google Cloud Services
- Jenkins & CircleCI
- New Relic & Sumo Logic
- Gulp, Sass
Other things we do:
- Demo Day: Every other Friday the software, product, & design teams gather to share what weve been working on. Its a nice way to wind down the week. Soft drinks & beer provided!
- Programming Workshop: On non-Demo Day Fridays we hold an optional programming workshop. This a team-driven meeting where topics are suggested by all of us. Want to learn something new? Suggest it! Want to tell everyone how great some new tech is? Propose it! Beverages provided.
- Training Opportunities: Is there a conference or training youd like to attend? A book you want to buy? We can make that happen!
- Quarterly team outings: We carve out time to have fun on company time! Events in the past have included: catching a film & grabbing lunch at the nearby Alamo Drafthouse; playing games, sipping beers, & slamming snacks at Barcade, & exploring good eats in Brooklyn on a local food tour. We are always open to suggestions!
Sometimes, its the little things:
- Amazing view from the 21st floor. Great for Instagram!
- Snacks & seltzer. Fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola bars, chips, cereal its like bringing your pantry to work.
- A ping-pong & pool table, if youre into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- After-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, & some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
This is an on-site, full-time salaried position located in our Brooklyn office. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.