Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Senior International Tax Analyst/Accountant to be a key contributor in the evaluation, execution, & minimization of income & VAT tax risk for Twilio globally. The person in this role will report to the International Tax Manager based in Dublin & will assist in all aspects of identifying, evaluating, & ensuring that Twilio is compliant with its international VAT & income tax obligations.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record in tax issues & compliance. They also have:
- 3+ years PQE of international income tax & VAT tax experience in the regions of EMEA, APAC & LATAM
- Ability to collaborate with the tax & accounting teams located in the US & Dublin.
- Ability to handle multiple international entities, currently 21 foreign subsidiaries
- Strong accounting, Excel & Access skills
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on accounting or finance
- Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser/Consultant and/or Chartered Accountant
- Experience with VAT compliance, reconciliations & VAT tax automation systems such as Avalara, Vertex, OneSource, etc.
- Working knowledge of Netsuite
- Good written & oral communication skills
As a Senior International Tax Analyst/Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Review the VAT/GST & income tax account reconciliations, corporate income tax returns & prepare true-ups as required. Assist with the tax accounting for post-acquisition operations & differences between local books & US GAAP books.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for & assist in the operation of an efficient tax compliance process.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Manage/monitor the tax tracker & assist in all aspects of tax compliance for Twilios non-US operations.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment.
The Tax team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, & ensuring that Twilio is compliant with its international VAT & income tax obligations in order to minimize the overall tax risk for the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be Ireland based.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.