At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is looking to build & grow our data analytics/business intelligence team that will be responsible for building a large-scale enterprise modern data lake & EDW that combines massive petabyte scale traffic logs with data from various business systems supporting product, marketing, customer support, sales, finance etc. & enabling easier consumption of that data using tools to drive standard reporting, adhoc/exploratory analytics & advanced insights using data science models.
What you'll do
At Cloudflare, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our organization & help us to automate processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering & will employ DevOps tools to improve the development teams production. You will guide our hardworking team through the process of designing & writing a dependable codebase. This position will also allow you to innovate our engineering systems & practices. If you would like to have a pivotal role in designing & implementing strategic processes that elevate our company to resounding success, then we want to hear from you.
- Apply cloud (AWS,GCP) computing skills to deploy upgrades & fixes.
- Design, develop, & implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues & coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools & frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyze code & communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications & the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the companys engineering tools, systems & procedures, & data security.
- Optimize the companys computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, & availability.
- Develop & maintain design & troubleshooting documentation.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Possess a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Expert in code deployment tools (TeamCity.. etc.).
- Experience in network, server, & application-status monitoring.
- Working experience in Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Exhibit expertise in software development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Go & known DevOps tools like GitHub or BitBucket.
- Possess a problem-solving attitude.
- Work independently & as part of a team.
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.