Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple experiences in a complex world.
We are looking for a thoughtful user-centered designer to help design features of our cloud infrastructure products for developers & data scientists. Reporting to the Manager of Product Design, the Junior Product Designer will join a close-knit, collaborative, & light-hearted team, making sure our customers get the best possible experience from our products & services.
Simplicity & usability are central to the DigitalOcean differentiator. The Product Design team has an impact across the organization, working with engineering & product teams to create experiences that make development much more enjoyable & much less frustrating. As the product grows, the challenge of keeping the platform & experience simple becomes even more crucial. Our team is committed to helping each other grow as designers & be impactful in our design work.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partnering with a senior or lead designer to build out your skill set in visual design, UX design, & research methodologies.
- Participating in design to help build DigitalOcean into a robust cloud host that is simple, friendly, beautiful, & powerful for application developers.
- Discovering insights through continuous customer, user, & stakeholder engagement.
- Testing your designs with users. Iterating on your designs as we learn.
- Participating in frequent design reviews with the Product Design team & providing valuable critique.
- Rapidly prototyping interactions & experiences.
- Collaborating with designers & developers to expand our design system.
What We'll Expect From You:
- You have a strong interest in designing transactional productivity applications.
- You want to think in terms of design systems.
- A base understanding of design theory, research data, business goals, & team principles.
- You enjoy & value creating simple, clear solutions.
- You stress the details & care about creating truly delightful experiences.
- Experience in either interaction or visual design.
- You're up to date regarding the latest web design & technology developments.
- You are interested in working with developers & learning how to build for them.
- You work well within a team. You're opinionated yet humble & always looking to grow.
- You are a self-starter, who feels responsible for the work assigned to them & knows how to ask for help & guidance when needed.
- You are curious, & like to learn about new things.
What we need from you:
- A link to your portfolio (preferred) or previous work so we can see what you delivered & understand the thinking that went into your design decisions.
- Your cover letter explaining why you would be great at DigitalOcean.
- Your resume to give us a quick idea of what youve been up to & what you accomplished before arriving in our job application queue.