Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilios SMS business is growing rapidly with many hundreds of suppliers & carriers around the world that are used to deliver messages for customers. We have a compelling vision for evolving the SMS industry & changing these relationships from suppliers to partners. We are seeking a Product Manager to work with our operations & business development teams to expand upon & deliver this vision. This person will work to define processes to manage Twilios supply chain & build a platform & supplier facing tools to transition suppliers to partners & incentivize them aligned with our customers needs.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Product Manager who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading building software solutions. They also have:
- 3+ years experience in a Product Management role in a software company.
- (Strongly Preferred) Experience of marketplace dynamics & incentives.
- (Strongly Preferred) Experience of modeling workflows & automating them with software systems, including building self service portals & APIs.
- Excellent communication skills. You are happy to talk to customers & partners, & enjoy evangelizing your product & vision. Strong writing skills, for both product & engineering. You can communicate complex matters concisely & clearly.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, & work with engineering & design to deliver.
- Analytical skills, ability to query (SQL) complex data sets to make data driven decisions & insights.
- Experience working with engineering teams to deliver software using Agile methodologies & lead solution design with engineering partners.
- Technically savvy & experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, & SMS is a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be communicating with other product managers across the globe, from product vision to specifications to product performance analysis, you will be writing & regularly representing your product & your team to upper management.
- DRAW THE OWL & BE AN OWNER: You will act as a leader, not just setting direction for an engineering team, but for your product, its customers & business outcomes.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You will take large, ill defined, & complex ideas & compose clearly articulated roadmaps & work with teams to deliver them on time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to align on vision & build a roadmap that we can execute.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You will need to develop a clear point of view & influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
SMS is one of Twilios key businesses & is backed by a broad & diverse supply chain of carriers & service providers who are managed by business development & operations teams. How we partner & work with these suppliers has a direct impact on Twilios customers - ensuring they have successful communication that is competitively priced. It is therefore a critical area of the business that we continue to develop & innovate.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in Sdergatan 22, 211 34 Malm, Sweden, though considering the worlds current circumstances you will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.