Government Acquisition Specialist
Do you find the governments acquisition systems antiquated & ineffective? Do you feel modern IT systems & technology advancements have ignored the acquisition community? Join Appian to drive adoption of our new Acquisition Management application. Help us modernize acquisition systems & provide the same intuitive & streamlined experience you expect from any modern application. Together we can help reduce redundant tasks, manual data entry, & document juggling & allow contracting professionals to concentrate on the value added tasks they were trained to do.
As a Solution Specialist on the Appian Acquisition Solutions team, you will be a key contributor to the development & extension of Appian acquisition solutions. You will assist the Appian Solutions department to ensure the suite of Appian acquisition solutions are updated as Federal, DoD, & State acquisition regulations & policies change. You will work directly with Appian Solution leads as well as engineers to translate acquisition requirements into Appian solution configuration to be provided to Appian customers.
You will also be on the forefront of applying new technologies & advancements to the government acquisition solution space. You will help build & take to market innovate new solutions & approaches that will ultimately save the government time & money. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to work with many departments at Appian & play a role in marketing, sales, support, & engineering activities.
- You have experience creating technology solutions that adhere to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) or Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), or state government contracting regulations.You have previous experience supporting a federal or state contracting activity
- You have a keen understanding of government processes & pain points
- You have strong writing & presentation skills
- You thrive in an environment where no two days are exactly same & you enjoy working with a variety of different people & departments to meet a common goal
- You have a BA in addition to 5+ years of experience.
- You are inquisitive, hard-working, able to thrive in a diverse, technology-driven work environment, & demonstrate sound judgment.
- You have experience at a technology company or government agency contract office.
How youll contribute:
- Maintain knowledge & understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), & state level acquisition policies & practices.
- Play an integral part in the design & creation of new acquisition solutions for the Federal & State market
- Work directly with Appian solution managers & engineers to maintain & ensure up to date compliance of Appian acquisition solutions with government regulations.
- Work with Sales & Marketing as new acquisition solutions are taken to market
- Meet with customers, gather feedback, & help prioritize future releases of acquisition solutions
Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.