Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way people eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Were hiring a Manager to join our Operations Planning team, with a particular focus on the demand forecasting domain. HelloFresh in the US is by now a >$1billion business, with multiple brands, an expanding fulfillment network, & a product offering that is getting larger & more complex. Our ability to accurately & consistently forecast our customer demand is one of the most critical & foundational capabilities in the entire Supply Chain, depended upon by almost every other team.
- Manage a team of Analysts responsible for day-to-day Demand Forecasting execution responsibilities & continuous improvement projects
- Oversee day-to-day Demand Forecasting activities
- Be responsible for the mission-critical rhythm of process execution, tool/database updates, & other activities that form the foundation of Forecasting
- Ensure that outputs & deliverables reflect the highest possible caliber of accuracy & integrity
- Ensure that questions & escalations from other teams are addressed, & that systematic root causes are identified & corrected
- Constantly seek out & implement continuous improvement opportunities, such as:
- Evaluate trends & performance in forecast accuracy, & identify opportunities to improve outcomes
- Increase the efficiency & scalability of the Forecasting team
- Keep the Domain organized & effective
- Lead team update/stand-up meetings
- Ensure clear lines of responsibility exist across team members, ensure adequate redundancy of abilities, ensure coverage plans are in place for holidays/weekends/etc.
- Establish/clarify the teams responsibilities for each day/week/month, & align these with Ops Planning Leadership
- Manage the Forecasting Teams partnerships with other groups within Ops Planning, as well as with other teams in the Supply Chain
- Support & develop the members of the Forecasting Domain
- Understand the strengths, opportunities, & objectives of team members; translate these into compelling Performance & Development Goals; consistently engage with team members towards the achievement of these Goals
- Keep a strong pulse on team engagement & support needs
- Programmatically onboard any new team members
- Contribute meaningfully to projects that impact Demand Forecasting, including:
- Accommodation of an ever-expanding Product Offering
- Accommodation of an ever-expanding Fulfillment Network
- A natural owner - You are super reliable & thoughtful in managing your responsibilities, you care about the outcome & quality of your work & the work of your team, & you earn the trust of your colleagues
- Results-oriented - You apply a sense of urgency to your work; you have a demonstrated hunger & ability to deliver impact
- A data-driven critical thinker & problem solver - You use data & logic to identify opportunities, diagnose issues, evaluate alternatives, & synthesize & present critical information to solve complex problems
- Intellectually curious - You have an insatiable desire to understand why things are the way they are, how things work, & to challenge the status quo; you search for information & answers in an evolving landscape
- Agile & organized - You thrive in fast-paced & dynamic environments; you can multitask & prioritize your responsibilities & the responsibilities of others; you demonstrate a methodical approach to all of your work
- An excellent communicator - You can explain complex (often technical) information to a variety of audiences
- A self-starter - You are comfortable working autonomously & are obsessive about producing high quality work; youre eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- A team player - You favor team victories over individual success
At a minimum, you have...
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in an operations or supply chain intensive company or role required
- Degree in a relevant field, such as Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, etc. required
- 2+ years experience managing a team of direct reports required, preferably overseeing the work of Analysts and/or teams in a business setting
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks & allocate resources to meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent quantitative & analytical skills - able to gather, organize, analyze, visualize, & present data to enable decision-making
- Excellent verbal & written communication abilities - able to convey the most important information to stakeholders, & to be effective in both technical & non-technical (business) situations
- Proficient in spreadsheet applications (such as Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets) required, with preference for ability to automate within spreadsheets
- Working experience with SQL or similar database languages required, & willingness to learn more
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match, which vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks) & PTO policies
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- In the NYC office, snacks, cold brew on tap, & monthly catered lunches
- Opportunities to continue learning & growing your technical & business skills
- Company-sponsored outings & access to Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran. #zr