Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Configuration Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
At Oscar, we are working to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. This means that we get to be creative & to build an excellent insurance operation from the ground up. You will have the potential for tremendous growth & leadership opportunities as we scale & expand into new markets. We are looking for people who are excited to grow with us.
As a Configuration Analyst at Oscar, you will do everything necessary to help us build a solid operational foundation. You will work with internal Oscar teams ranging from member service, risk, network, clinical, claims, population health, & technical teams with leadership exposure. You may also work with regulatory authorities & Oscars vendors.
You will report into the Operations Manager.
- Build an understanding of health insurance contracts & pricing/configuration workflows
- Assess & implement new & updated contractual obligations into automated processing-logic
- Develop insights into opportunities for workflow improvements
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools & technical processes, in particular database querying & contract logic configuration
- Investigate & identify trends to assess or correct automated claim payments
- Form a working relationship with all partners
- Support your team lead or manager by guiding decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- Understand relevant policies, & identify & measure the impact of any changes on our internal operations
- 1+ years of related work experience in healthcare or analytics
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience pricing medical claims based on payer-provider contracts
- Exposure to SQL, Python, or similar database languages
Preferred education & experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.