AlphaSights provides bespoke B2B knowledge solutions to leading professionals in investment management, private equity, management consulting, global corporations & select non-profits.
Our 900+ employees connect professionals to the industry knowledge & market insights they need to identify, assess, & act on opportunities ahead of the competition. With nine offices across the US, EMEA & Asia, we regularly rank as one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
Even after 10 years of high growth, we see vast market opportunity ahead of us & are looking for people with talent, ambition, & entrepreneurial drive to join us in rapidly moving our organisation to the next level. See more at www.alphasights.com
The QA Analyst role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive & driven QA Analyst to join the Technical Operations (IT) Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime & smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the QA Analyst therefore represents a visible & valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team & Product Managers, you will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new & innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products & technologies.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility & be expected to manage your own time. You will need to maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, & be attracted by the challenge of delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment. You must be proactive, creative, & enjoy interacting with other people. You will always be looking for ways to improve your own work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed. You are excited to make the most of on-the-job & classroom-based learning, & the opportunity to dive into the field of IT through exposure to a wide array of different technologies, regions, & challenges.
Working largely with the teams based in REGION, you will also have the opportunity to work with teams based in other offices across US, EMEA & Asia.
What youll be doing:
- Become a subject matter expert for products & services
- Develop test plans & test cases across multiple projects (including sanity & regression tests)
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Verify & document bugs for tracking & escalation
- Troubleshoot & debug application/software issues raised by end users of in-house built, proprietary software
- Aggregate & provide key customer insights & serve as a liaison between users & Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Work with Engineering & Product teams to proactively identify edge cases & break down large projects into discrete, testable steps
- Work closely with Software Engineering on special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests & prioritization
- Maintain & contribute to an existing Knowledge Bank used by internal tech team
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 0-1 years of relevant experience in similar roles
- Attained a Bachelor's degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in relevant fields (Computer Science, Management Information Services, Computer Information Systems or similar)
- Experience within an agile (continuous deployment) environment
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking & solution orientation
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making & organizational skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Enjoys working in a dynamic & developing environment